This upcoming March marks the three year anniversary of moving to southern Michigan.
I continue to recognize- and often grapple with- some of the affects, consequences related to the move. Some of these changes are amazing, even if they are difficult or long-coming. The direction taken, and the slow unfurling of self reflection and realization is both present and purposeful.
But other changes leave me feeling sad..alone. The better part of a year has slowly worked toward a sense of finding myself frozen and confused, waist-deep in an unexpected muck of isolation. Everything in and around has sort of melted away, but I know there is potential in the blank slate. When there are no other sounds, no other voices, ideas, distractions, reasons to act or feel - I'm left with myself. No comparisons. No predetermined list. No ideals.
Lately what weighs most heavily are the feelings, ideas, events large and small, unique and everyday occurences which are never expressed or shared. And not because I am not telling YOU, but because I am not telling anyone.
How small of a step this is though...what do I do with it?? I've decided it might be best to force myself to dedicate time to writing, so much more tangible than my wispy thoughts. This forum is better for ease than any.
It may not be pretty, I am not a professional. But this year may be more eventful than most, some journeys are finally coming to a close and others just beginning. Let it go. Let it begin.
Friday, January 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment